According to the National Institute of Mental Health, as many as 10 million females and one million males in the United States battle eating disorders, yet only a fraction of them receive mental health care. Because untreated eating disorders can lead to serious, even fatal, health problems, getting help is critical.
Take Our Online Eating Disorders Assessment.
Your Best Choice for Eating Disorder Treatment
Reflections, the only Joint Commission disease-specific certified eating disorders treatment program on the east coast, offers help and hope to adolescents and adults with eating disorders. We’re the first and only program in the Northern Virginia and metropolitan Washington, D.C., region to provide inpatient and partial hospitalization (day) programs, as well as access to outpatient care in one comprehensive treatment center.
Benefits of Total Focus on Patient Care
You benefit from our eating disorder center’s total focus on patient care, as well as:
- Individualized treatment plans reviewed each day by our multispecialty care team made up of psychiatrists, internal medicine physicians, therapists, psychologists, educators, expressive therapists, registered dietitians, case managers and specialized nursing staff
- A balanced participant/staff ratio, which provides daily access to and interaction with your doctor, all members of your individual care team and all Reflections staff members, including the program director
- Our unique family skill-building and family-based meal program—designed by Reflections—to help families learn to redirect behaviors, provide feedback and improve individual outcomes
- Our highly structured, psychotherapeutic approach to care that allows us to use cognitive behavioral therapy, as well as medically and therapeutically appropriate non-punitive interventions
- Treatment for co-occurring issues, such as substance abuse, mental illness, anxiety and depression through our Dominion Hospital resources
- Assistance with school-related issues and help to maintain your academic standing through the support of our Education Services staff
- Experienced mental health professionals who work exclusively in the Reflections Eating Disorders Treatment Center
Our well-appointed facilities include group therapy rooms, a dining room and kitchen, physician and therapist consultation offices, quiet study room and comfortable living spaces where participants can feel at home as they tackle and overcome their eating disorders.
Our Participants Say…
“I don’t feel like I’ve been this good ever. I never thought that full recovery was possible and I have found it.”